WE’RE STILL ALIVE AND GOING STRONG!!!
Let me repeat that……we’re still alive and going strong!!!
Since the word of our recent decisions regarding our current building started to spread, I and other members have heard comments indicating the community is concerned about our missions, services, and accessibility being in jeopardy. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. First, it will be some time before we are at the point where plans are finalized and in the mean time, we’re staying in our current building and continuing with business as usual. Second, when the time comes to move, what we do and offer will move with us and the new location just might open up even more opportunities to serve the community!!!
So…….The message we want to get across to the congregation and community is:
It is Business As Usual at Albion First United Methodist Church!!!
And…….we’re starting to gear up after the summer months and get active! Like most churches and organizations, many of our features and events slowed down over the summer because of vacations and summer activities making it difficult for some people to participate regularly. But, with kids back to school and summer coming to an end, our church family is getting busy!!!
Check out the “Upcoming Events” page to see just how jam packed it is!!!
October 4-5: Fall Rummage Sale
- October 19: Country Fair
- November 2: Chiavetta’s Chicken BBQ Dinner
Regular Meetings and Features Resuming This Month:
- Chancel Choir returns
- Bell Choir returns
- TUMS (The United Methodist Seniors) resume monthly lunch meetings
- Disciple Bible Study (Weds) resumes
- Bible Study (Thurs) resumes
- Coffee Hour after Sunday service returns
- Sunday School for all ages resumes – Theme this year is OWL (Our Wise Lord)
- Family Night Dinners resume – the first is Sept 14th to kick off the beginning of the Sunday School season
- We’re holding a brainstorming meeting on Sept 22nd to come up with a list of our “wants” and “needs” in a new location
- The monthly Ladies Luncheon made our annual trip to The Glen Iris at Letchworth State Park on Sept 10th
- There will be a Memorial Service for our long time church member, Betty Chapman, on Sept 15th with a reception following the service
And so much more!!!
Come join in the excitement and fun as we move forward and evolve…
…all while embracing our valued traditions!